- Create this agreement separately from all other legal agreements. Include information that needs to be disclosed as required by CalOPPA and the EU Data Privacy Directive.
- Make sure the agreement is an honest and accurate reflection of what personal information you actually collect and how you actually use that data.
- Include the word “Privacy” in the name of this agreement and in any links you provide that links to this legal page.
- Make sure this agreement is it’s own separate agreement, regardless where you display it: in your website’s footer section, on one of your mobile app’s screens, and so on.
Privacy Policies should document your privacy practices. Update it as soon as anything changes, such as if you begin to collect a different type of personal information from your users, or if you begin to allow third parties to access the information when you didn’t in the past.
Here’s what you should keep in mind a Terms & Conditions agreement:
- You can create this agreement to include licensing rights, rules and guidelines for your users.
- Include a section that allows you to terminate user accounts in the event of abuses, or under any circumstances, you wish to include.
- This agreement is where you can maintain control over your website or app, so make sure to include any limitations and restrictions that you want to be able to enforce.